viernes, 20 de julio de 2012
12 Killed in Shooting at Colorado Theater
Batman cinema shooting: James Holmes
Batman cinema shooting: James Holmes 'told police he was The Joker'
James Holmes, the alleged gunman who shot 71 people during the midnight premiere of the new Batman film, told police he was "the Joker" as they interrogated him about the massacre in Aurora, Colorado.
bout the massacre in Aurora, Colorado.

Batman cinema shooting: James Holmes 'told police he was The Joker'
James Holmes, the alleged gunman who shot 71 people during the midnight premiere of the new Batman film, told police he was "the Joker" as they interrogated him about the massacre in Aurora, Colorado.

Related Articles
-
Batman shooting emergency calls released
20 Jul 2012 -
Denver shooting: latest
20 Jul 2012 -
Police statement on shooting
20 Jul 2012 -
Mobile footage captures cinema panic
20 Jul 2012 -
Police radio communications after shootings
20 Jul 2012 -
'We thought it was a prank'
20 Jul 2012
Within moments Aurora Police, who are headquartered less than a mile away, began to receive frantic phone calls from victims pleading for help. Chief Dan Oates said that officers arrived within "a minute and a half" but not before Holmes allegedly fired dozens of rounds - hitting 71 people, including a victim in an adjacent theatre and a three-month-old child.
"He pointed the gun at my face. I was like a deer in the headlights. I panicked. I thought, ‘I’m going to die if I don’t do something,'" Jessica Seeger, 22, told CNN. " I just saw dead bodies everywhere."
Of the 12 people killed, ten died on the scene and a further two succumbed to injuries in nearby hospitals.
Among the victims was Jessica Ghawi, a 24-year-old aspiring sports journalist who narrowly avoided being involved in another shooting in Canada a month previously. In a harrowing final blog post, written in June, she said: "I saw the terror on bystanders’ faces. I saw the victims of a senseless crime. I saw lives change. I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end."
Chief Oates said he was "confident" that Holmes had acted alone and his officers were not seeking any other suspects. However, he said explosives experts were involved at an "active and difficult scene" at Holmes's apartment at 1690 Paris Street and that it could take days before they were able to safely disarm the devices they found there.
Holmes himself told detectives about the explosives after being taken into custody but was reportedly refusing to cooperate beyond that. Chief Oates refused to speculate on the motive for the killing.
The suspect is due to appear in court on Monday but already a picture began to emerge of him as a highly-educated young man who had never previously been in trouble with the police, save for a single parking ticket.
Raised California, by his parents Arlene and Robert, he moved from San Diego to Colorado after graduating from The University of California, Riverside, in 2010 with a degree in neuroscience.
In June 2011 he enrolled in a PhD course in neurosciences at the University of Colorado, Denver. But last month he began the process of withdrawing from the course, the university confirmed.
Shortly before he dropped out, Holmes had taken a class on psychiatric disorders.
Even more recently, just a few weeks ago according to the building manager, he moved to apartment 10 on the third floor at 1690 Paris Street, Aurora. On a rent application he described himself as “quiet and easy going”, according to the Denver Post.
Unlike many previous massacres, where signs of a motive have been immediately apparent, Holmes appears to have gone “under the radar”. The authorities said that he was not on any watch list nor was he a member of any terrorist organisation. He apparently bought all the weapons legally.
His family released a statement saying: “Our hearts go out to those who were involved in this tragedy and to the family and friends also involved." They said they were fully cooperating with the police investigation.
John Hickenlooper, the governor of Colorado, said the killer had a "deranged mind".
Both President Barack Obama and his Republican rival, Mitt Romney, called off their campaigning for the day, giving only short and sober speeches reflecting on the tragedy.
"If there is anything to take away from this tragedy, it is a reminder that life is fragile," Mr Obama said. "Our time here is limited and it is precious. What matters at the end of the day is not the small things, not the trivial things that so often consume us."
The President cut short a campaign trip to Florida and returned to the White House where he chaired an emergency meeting of senior law enforcement officials. Flags on government buildings and military bases across the country were flown at half mast.
miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2012
Facing what? MacArthur Causeway, Miami
Victim Identified In Causeway Cannibal Attack
May 29, 2012 6:56 PM
Even before he was apparently attacked by a cannibal as holiday weekend travelers whizzed by along the MacArthur Causeway; Ronald Poppo lived a hard-knock life among the homeless men who call the space under the causeway home.
Poppo has not been officially identified by police or by officials at Jackson Memorial Hospital, but his identity has been confirmed by a CBS4 source and by Miami Herald sources.
His past shows time in New York City, and back in the 80′s, in New Orleans; but a long record of arrests for mostly petty crimes places him in the Miami area, at least off and on, as far back as 1978 when he was charged with criminal mischief.
Over the years, he dipped in and out of the courts for the types of crimes that are common when you don’t have a place to live.
In 1983, he was charged with sleeping in public. In 1989, it was violating park hours. Disorderly conduct, assault, petty larceny, and burglary all brought him into court, and then, sent him back to the street.
Poppo was arrested for drinking in public a number of times. When drinking, court records indicate, he seemed to be a bit of a brawler, charged with disorderly intoxication.
Miami-Dade court records show the last time he appeared before a local judge was in 2006, for trespassing.
Beyond the stark facts of police reports and public records, all that’s really known about Poppo is that he drank and hung out under the bridge; and on Saturday, he was the central figure in the last minutes of Rudy Eugene’s life.
The two men ended up on the bike path along the causeway; Poppo naked from the waist down and Eugene naked as a jaybird. That was weird even for Miami, but Poppo’s life was moving from sad to weird to bizarre.
Poppo was bleeding from the wounds he was getting from Eugene, who was ripping the flesh from Poppo’s face in strips. He bit off his nose, sources said and his eyes were gouged.
Alarmed passersby called police and even flagged an officer down, but when the cop arrived CBS4 sources said he couldn’t stop a growling, frenzied Eugene from his attack. So the cop fired his gun until Eugene stopped, because he was dead.
Nobody is sure why Eugene attacked, why he was making a meal of Poppo, or why Poppo was the target of his rage. Much of that was left a mystery when Eugene took his final breath.
Paramedics came and took Poppo to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for the bizarre cannibalistic attack. Gruesome photos circulating on the web show injuries so profound his chances for recovery seem small.
Hospital officials knew his identity, but couldn’t say anything about him. Since Saturday, they have tried without success to find a relative somewhere they can tell about what’s happened to Poppo and to get information for his care.
They have found nobody. After 65 years on this earth and barely surviving on the street; Poppo is now the victim of a bizarre cannibal who has left him disfigured with deadly injuries and he seems to be alone in the world. Until Saturday, he was a nobody. Now, he’s famous. All it took was a crazed cannibal attacker who had called the streets of Miami home.
viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010
Natasha
HERMOSA RUSA FUE EJECUTADA
IVAN MEZA KAWAS |
La extranjera, de 24 años de edad, ingresó al país hace un año y cuatro meses. En principio se estableció en Moravia, pero hace unos tres meses se trasladó a Sabana Sur, en donde alquilaba el apartamento número 8 de un edificio.
Mariana Soto, Jefa de Prensa de La Dirección General de Migración y Extranjería, informó que la joven ingresó al país el día 4 de mayo del 2002, en el vuelo 611 de la compañía Lacsa procedente de Caracas Venezuela.
"Entró como turista, pero sacó un permiso temporal de estudio que venció el 31 de diciembre del 2002", explicó Soto.

"Era muy hermosa, guapísima. Hablaba poco español. Casi siempre salía del apartamento como a las 5 de la tarde y regresaba de mañana. Los taxistas que venían a dejarla siempre sacaban su tiempito para observar esa hermosa figura, mientras ella abría el portón", recordó uno de los guardas que vigilan la calle en donde vivía la rusa. El vigilante prefirió reservar su identidad por temor a represalias.
"La vi por última vez el 6 de enero. Recuerdo que salió bien guapa como siempre, pero esta vez acompañada de una gringa", agregó el guarda.
"Natasha" trabajó primero en un conocido night club capitalino, pero últimamente frecuentaba el bar de un popular hotel josefino. Cabe señalar que junto al cuerpo de la víctima, la policía halló una almohada de hotel con un impacto de bala, así como el cargador de un arma y una bala calibre 45.
Por el momento no se ha podido determinar si la almohada es del mismo hotel que frecuentaba la rusa.

Por ello necesitan la colaboración de la ciudadanía, para ubicar en tiempo y espacio a la mujer, entre el lunes 26 y el jueves 29 de enero. Si usted observó a la mujer que aparece en la fotografía llame de inmediato a los teléfonos 777 15 11 y 777 05 11.
El cuerpo de "Natasha" fue identificado gracias a las joyas que portaba, como por ejemplo un crucifijo de oro con piedras verdes, así como dos anillos.
"Recibimos la llamada de un ruso que reconoció las joyas y después confirmamos la información gracias a una hermana de la muchacha, que está en el país", explicó una fuente cercana al caso.
Según el OIJ, en el apartamento de Olesya, decomisaron varias fotografías en las cuales la bailarina aparece en cubiertas de yates de personas adineradas.
Se sospecha que los días antes de que la asesinaran anduvo entre Jacó, Quepos y Manuel Antonio.
monicau@aldia.co.cr
|
![]() |
En internet se pueden encontrar sitios que promueven la venta de mujeres rusas. |
miércoles, 18 de agosto de 2010
Guachipelín
Fiesta en lujosa vivienda acabó con dos muertos
Miguel Calderón Suárez
miguel.calderon@aldia.co.cr

Fiesta de amigos que celebraban Día de la Madre, Escazú
CON ESPADA MATAN A DOS EN ORGÍA GAY
Hombres estaban dentro de auto que vale ¢60 millones.
Policía halló cuatro calzoncillos con semen.
Asesino usó silla de ruedas para mover cuerpos.
Fiesta de amigos que celebraban Día de la Madre, Escazú
CON ESPADA MATAN A DOS EN ORGÍA GAY
Manuel Estrada
mestrada@diarioextra.com
Fotos: Oldemar Siles
Ilustración: Germán Meza
Agentes de Recolección de Indicios del OIJ cerraron el vehículo que pertenece a una de las víctimas, donde aparecieron los cuerpos apuñalados. |
ALARMA ALERTÓ CRIMEN
CUERPOS EN AUTO DE LUJO
SILLA DE RUEDAS DE CLUB DE LEONES
CELOS, MALDITOS CELOS
FALTA ESPADA ASESINA
TODO UN PROFESIONAL
LUJO Y GLAMOUR
¿QUIEN ERA?

Edad: 35 años
Ocupación: Contador privado
Vecino de: Escazú

1- Con una espada fueron asesinados dos amigos que disfrutaban de una fiesta en el Día de la Madre, en una lujosa mansión en condominio.
2- Después de cometer el crimen, el sospechoso sacó los cuerpos de la residencia en una silla de ruedas.3- En la cajuela y el asiento trasero del auto marca Audi, valorado en ¢60 millones, fueron colocados los cadáveres de dos amigos.Joven de 18 años que chocó motocicleta contra baranda, Pococí
jueves, 27 de mayo de 2010
Guillermo Tell bizarro.

Seems like a "William Tell" in the most bizarre way.

Student of Homicide Is Charged in Three Murders

A memorial for the three women Stephen Griffiths is accused of killing outside his home in Bradford, England.
Stephen Griffiths in an undated photograph taken from MySpace.
LONDON — In a grisly case that British newspapers have compared to the Yorkshire Ripper murders of the 1970s, the police on Thursday charged a 40-year-old man pursuing a Ph.D. in 19th-century homicides with the murders of three women identified by the police as prostitutes.
Andrew Yates/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
A police diver searched the River Aire in Shipley, West Yorkshire, after a woman’s remains were found on Tuesday.
One victim was caught on closed-circuit television last week being killed with a crossbow shot to the head before her dismembered body was dumped in a nearby river.
The man charged with the killings, Stephen Griffiths, is a former van driver with a psychology degree who was enrolled in a postgraduate course in criminology. The Times of London reported that he had told a neighbor in Bradford, the rundown industrial city in West Yorkshire where he lived until his arrest on Monday, that he was studying for “a Ph.D. in murder and Jack the Ripper,” the pseudonym given to the unidentified serial killer of prostitutes in London’s Whitechapel slum district in the 1880s.
But it was the resonance of another serial murder case involving a man from the Bradford area that helped make the latest killings a newspaper sensation. In a case that terrorized much of northern England and led to years of inquiries about police investigative failures, Peter Sutcliffe, the so-called Yorkshire Ripper, was convicted in 1981 of murdering 13 women, including several prostitutes, and of attempting to murder 7 others.
He was given 20 concurrent life sentences and has been held for nearly 30 years in the Broadmoor high-security psychiatric hospital west of London. After a legal battle to be considered for parole, he was told by officials this year that he would never be released.
With the country’s voracious tabloid papers competing in a frenzy over the latest killings, the police sealed off the third-floor walk-up on the edge of Bradford’s red-light district where Mr. Griffiths lived alone for more than a decade.
Neighbors were quoted in leading British newspapers as calling him an oddball and “a bit of a Goth,” obsessed with prostitutes and given to wearing a long black leather coat and dark glasses. One said he was known as “the lizard man” for his habit of taking his two pet monitor lizards, one of them four feet long, for walks on leashes around the apartment block where he lived, and feeding them captive mice.
The BBC and other news organizations said the police were investigating possible links to the killings of two other prostitutes in the same area of West Yorkshire in the past 20 years, and the disappearance of a third.
Mr. Griffiths was arrested after the police investigating the disappearance of the three women he is accused of killing reviewed closed-circuit video footage from security cameras outside his apartment. The Times of London quoted officers as saying the video showed one of the missing women, Suzanne Blamires, 36, a former nursing trainee who friends said had taken up prostitution to pay for an addiction to drugs and alcohol, being chased down a corridor by a man who knocked her to the ground. Moments later, the officers said, the man returned with a crossbow and shot Ms. Blamires in the head.
These accounts said the video later showed the same man taking several plastic garbage bags away from the property. After Mr. Griffiths was arrested on Monday, parts of Ms. Blamires’s body were found floating in the River Aire near Shipley, a town a few miles north of Bradford, and a woman’s head was found in a rucksack by the riverbank. The bodies of the two other women Mr. Griffiths is charged with murdering, Shelley Armitage, 31, and Susan Rushworth, 43, both said to be friends of Ms. Blamires, have not been found.
The Times said that according to neighbors, Mr. Griffiths was hauled from his apartment by the police and made to lie facedown at gunpoint before being led away, showing no emotion. “As he was taken away, he had the usual cold expression on his face,” one neighbor was quoted as saying. “There was no shock, surprise or emotion. The only thing he was bothered about was the police locking his door properly.”
lunes, 1 de marzo de 2010
Dos colombianos murieron acribillados ayer en la tarde, cuando estaban dentro del Bar y Restaurante Atrapa2
SICARIOS LIQUIDAN A 2 EN BAR
Un grupo de asesinos a sueldo irrumpieron en el bar Atrapa2, ubicado en San Miguel de Santo Domingo de Heredia, y ejecutaron a tiros a Armando Emilio Herrera Saa y a Juvencio Mosquera Murillo (en la foto). Según las autoridades, ambos eran de nacionalidad colombiana. (Foto: Adolfo Alvarado)
Santo Domingo: sicarios los liquidaron dentro de bar
COLOMBIANOS “ATRAPA2” EN UNA LLUVIA DE BALAS
Santo Domingo: sicarios los liquidaron dentro de bar
COLOMBIANOS “ATRAPA2” EN UNA LLUVIA DE BALAS
Manuel Estrada
mestrada@diarioextra.com
Fotos: Adolfo Alvarado
![]() |
Los socorristas trasladaron a Armando Emilio Herrera Saa, quien murió minutos después de ingresar al Hospital Calderón Guardia. |
Los extranjeros llegaron a la 1 de la tarde junto con otro hombre en un vehículo blanco, que estacionó en la parte trasera del negocio. La tercera persona se tomó un refresco y se marchó, dejando a los dos hombres en el bar.
Poco después al lugar llegó un carro negro, del que se bajaron dos hombres fuertemente armados, uno de ellos disparó a quemarropa contra los sudamericanos.
Mosquera murió en el lugar porque cinco proyectiles se alojaron en su cabeza y cuello. Herrera falleció diez minutos después de ingresar al Hospital Calderón Guardia a causa de tres balazos, dos en los brazos y uno en la cabeza.
Las víctimas llegaron a la jaula de la muerte en el Toyota Hilux placas CL227154. Reinaldo González, oficial de la Fuerza Pública, descartó el asalto como móvil del asesinato.
“Tres hombres de raza negra ingresaron al bar, uno de ellos se paró en una silla porque lo tapaba una macetera y disparó sin contemplación. Al menos cinco casquillos de un arma calibre 9 milímetros quedaron regados en el suelo en medio de un charco de sangre”, declaró.
AL ESTILO GÁNSTER
La salonera del local lo que hizo fue tirarse al suelo, aquello olía a pólvora, sangre y muerte.
El restaurante, de un ambiente tranquilo, se convirtió en la tumba de dos colombianos que quedaron como coladores, llenos de huecos.
No se habían comido las bocas cuando les recetaron plomo, el arma escupió fuego al mejor estilo de los gánsteres de la ciudad estadounidense de Chicago.
El trailero Carlos Ulloa almorzaba cuando escuchó los disparos. “Escuchamos una balacera mientras estábamos comiendo a la par del negocio, de inmediato se nos quitó el hambre. Fue impresionante ver la forma en que quedaron los dos cuerpos llenos de agujeros en la cabeza, mientras su sangre aún recorría su cuerpo”, narró.
Los dos hombres quedaron tirados en el suelo, boca abajo, en medio de un charco de sangre, a un lado de la mesa donde se habían tomado unas birras. Al parecer los extranjeros eran nativos de Buenaventura, principal puerto del Pacífico colombiano, por donde sale la cocaína que viaja a Norteamérica. Tenían siete años de vivir en suelo nacional.